Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Sweet Chill Cravings-Part 4

BUBBLE TEA
"tokyo milk tea place"
I usually pass by megamall and I was just surprised to see this new place: Bubble Tea. One Friday, I tried the place with who else but my hubby (slash-pig-out partner)! I just got really curious on what’s new with the place and what drinking experience should it give us and how different would it be since it’s pretty much like Zagu & Quickly since they are serving the same lush drink with Tapioca Balls.


My hubby ordered at the counter while I sat down and began moving my eyes around the place…One clear difference though is that, it is a “place” and not just a stall like zagu or quickly. Interior wise, I would generally say that it is cute! It is brightly decorated and brightly lighted as well. It’s mostly colored with pastel hues. Although it is small, the place looked so green with its apple green seats plus crisp white walls and tables. And since it’s named bubble tea- the walls are accentuated with bubbles as well.





My hubby called me to double check what I would order, so I checked out their menu. There are just so plenty of drinks to choose from! There are actually 3 varieties: milk based, iced-tea based and hot beverages but there are numerous flavors to choose from. The price: Bubble Milk teas Php 55-88, Bubble Milk shakes Php 100^. We ordered 2 bubble milk teas- chocolate and green apple. The taste: it is much like green tea and you could definitely taste a stint of bitterness but otherwise the flavors overpower the bitter taste. As for the bubbles ( tapioca balls/ pearls), its soft and chewy compared to the normal ones you buy from stalls which seemed like bubble gums or rubber. And I believe the biggest difference is that-they offer Japanese meals! I’m looking forward to visit the place again and try their meals next time. And it was a really bubbling experience!