Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Sweet Chill Cravings-Part 2

CEREALICIOUS
When I heard of this place, I was so amused that I tagged along my hubby/ pig-out buddy from Makati to try Cerealicious at their SM the Block branch. As we reached the place the 1st time, I found it cute-very childlike and colorful! The interiors are more of the American style, and the inside seems sunny and bright! Although the place is quite small and always jam packed, it would never fail to give you the same coziness and relaxing ambiance that coffee havens bring.
And the menu:
There are 14 varieties of garden cereals, 5 premium cereals, 24 different toppings, 17 special toppings to choose from! If these drive you crazy, you could choose from 20 cereal blockbusters whose names were derived from famous movies! (Which actually adds cuteness to their store) just a few sample names:
Jumango (from Jumanji)
Charlie and the Choc-nut Factory (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Nutting Hill ( from Notting Hill)
Mona Kissa Smile ( from Mona Lissa Smile)
Cashew Blanca ( from Casa Blanca)
Oreo Afraid of the dark (Are you afraid of the dark)
Erin Broko Peach (Erin Brokovich)
Talk about size, they have Trailer Bowls (medium) and the Blockbuster Bowls ( large).
My hubby decided to order Charlie and the Choc-nut factory (Milo balls, banana, choc-nut) while for a twist I ordered Jumango ( corn flakes, mango, honey crumble). It was so yummy that we finished the entire blockbuster bowls! Absolutely yummy plus its really something healthy!
One thing I noticed though is that the milk they place is not your usual kind of milk- It’s a special blend that makes sure that your cereal does not get soggy right away.

I was truly amazed by the concept! From the success story they say it started out as a thesis by a couple of UST Students and after the success of their 1st branch in UST, they opened more branches! Concept was truly original and fun!
Cerealicious is truly addicting! It’s healthy and fantastic! I’d definitely return and try to create my own mix concoction next time!