Friday, September 21, 2007

The Sweet Chill Cravings-Part 1

FIVE COWS
After a tiring day of interviewing at the Job quest fair at Mega mall last Saturday, my hubby and I head-off to Trinoma for a different ambiance. It’s my 2nd time to stroll around the mall and this time I wanted to fulfill my tongue’s desire for ice- cream! Since this has long been planned, we tried it out at Five Cows Resto and Ice cream bar.
They have such cute interiors which fit for the name of the resto- the colors are a combination of white and beige. The place is filled with warm light and would make you feel cozy.
The menu is extensive in the sense that you’d not only be amazed with their wide assortment of desserts from ice cream and cakes but with other mouth watering dishes as well. Just a small info- the resto was named Five Cows since there are five partners and the menu’s are mostly made of cow’s meat and milk.
But since I’m craving for ice cream and I’m just born with a sweet tooth, we decided to focus on desserts mainly: ice cream!
We decided to try: ice-cream tacos (php 55 per piece). Beware-this dessert might fool you since from the menu they look much like a taco but it’s really ice cream with a cone shaped like a taco! Yum!

For our separate orders: My hubby decided to try Ferrero Crunch Supreme (php 155). Its vanilla ice-cream mixed with crunchy bits plus a concoction of choco hazelnut filling. You might expect that it contains actual ferrero rocher but it has none. Yet, you could never miss it coz it would really give you the feel of ferrero! Plus the fact that it’s the best seller!
On the other hand, I tried Flaming Alaska. I was curious of how they’d be able to mix cold ice-cream with rum! More so I was truly amazed and impressed with the presentation! Upon serving my order, they closed down all the lights and pour the flaming rum over the cake and all the staff uttered a cheer-“huuha”!















Flaming Alaska (php 285) is actually a sponge cake filled with 3 assorted ice-cream flavors-chocolate, vanilla and strawberry plus meringue, cookies and nuts. Truly delectable!
Five Cows is the 1st branch and we are so looking forward for them to have a branch in Makati. So, if your craving for great-tasting desserts:ice cream in particular, try Five Cows and you’d never be disappointed!
Five Cows is located at the 4th level of Trinoma-near the cinema level.