Thursday, September 13, 2007

A trip to the Universities Finest Eateries! La-Salle Part 1

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY -TAFT

RAP'S STEAKS & CAKES

My hubby and I meet up with a friend in McDonalds La-salle but instead of having lunch at Mcdo, we ended up trying the famous student pig-out haven Rap’ Steaks and Cakes ! From the engineering gate, we just crossed the street and in two minutes we arrived at the place which was then was filled with students even on a Saturday.


The interiors were also a canteen set-up but the whole place is air-conditioned. Every table has this big jar of hot yellow gravy and a bottle of Worcestershire sauce.




They have extensive steak menu’s to choose from-pork, chicken and beef-pick your choice!
My hubby ordered his favorite liempo (php 92) on the other hand I ordered T-bone steak large (php 128).





As we received our order, we just can’t miss out trying the special hot butter yellow gravy, since from afar it definitely looks mouth watering! As we poured it over our meals all I can say is “its so yummy!!!” It is indeed something to die for!!! My hubby also tried mixing the yellow gravy and Worcestershire sauce, I tasted it and it would give you double heaven!!! We continued eating our meals drizzling the sauces on both the meat and rice and we ended up having the whole bottle of yellow gravy used up. We went out of the place with happy faces with the thought of having a superb satisfying meal! Plus the unique yellow gravy truly amazed us. I’ve eaten in numerous restaurants and fast food but believe me up to this date I have never tasted anything close to their yellow gravy!









I definitely recommend this place. A must try if you happen to be around Taft Area-delicious steaks and reasonable prices . I just can’t wait to comeback the second time I’ll try their cakes!







RAP'S STEAKS AND CAKES
879 Dagonoy St. Manila
Tel: 525-5589