Thursday, September 13, 2007

A trip to the Universities Finest Eateries! UP-Part 3!

RODIC'S DINNER


Rodic’s had long been a famous name in UP. When I heard that they had branches here in Makati, I just got so excited that I can’t wait to visit UP again. Instead I hurriedly asked my hubby that we eat dinner at the Legaspi Village branch which is merely walking distance from our office. (Fast Facts: Rodics has 2 brances in Makati -one in Salcedo Street the second in Adelantado Street).
The place is much similar to a canteen and with very familiar menus since they serve “jollijeep” type of food but still includes all Filipino Favorites!
Then our orders- for us to be unique, my hubby order liemposilog while I definitely could not miss out on the house best-seller: Rodics Tapsilog! Food was fast served and was sizzling hot! The liempo was as good as the favorite tapsilog-it was tasty and good! The tapsilog on the other hand was very surprising since it doesn’t look like your normal tapsilog with small slices of beef, tapsilog at Rodics is shredded bits of sweet beef which moreso looks like adoboflakes sprinkled on top of the rice.





Talk about the price- all silog meals costs P60 and it comes with free iced tea! Now I know why people rave about this place-good food that fits your budget.
Interiors- its more of a canteen so you’d see the usual set-up of plastic chairs and tables. But moreover what would keep you amused would be the “Spice of Life Mural” inspired by Larry Alcala which illustrates life in UP in a humorous way. And definitely one of these days, I’d try to visit the original store in UP!
Rodic’s Dinner since 1949