Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Book Review: Get out of your own way at Work


I’ve been working for roughly three years now and recently I’ve been trying to reflect…what I am now? How has the industry created a new me? What lessons did I learn? What career path should I take? And what mistakes have I committed?
Psychology and Self Help Section of PowerBooks Greenbelt is my favorite and since I’m reflecting my ways in work, this book caught my attention; I started reading and found it “amazing”! All praises for the book! I found myself in deep realization and self-analysis…Most of the self-defeating behaviors applied to me and moreover I also discovered how certain actions could actually ruin me. All the self-defeating behaviors were well-explained and add the psychological roots that would make you understand yourself better. From here, I realized that how you were reared and brought up by your parents, the atmosphere at your very own home could affect the way you act may it be at school and all throughout work. It is one book that every yuppie or working employee must have and read! And this would help you succeed in your career and have a harmonious relationship with your co-workers and moreso understand your bosses! This book helps you become more cautious of your actions so that you’d not put your job likewise your reputation in jeopardy. This book indeed helped me change my view of the corporate world and my behavior-“from self-defeating to career enhancing.”