Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!!

My family had gone through pains and struggles over the past 24 years of my life...But through it all, I've always been proud of my father and believed in his principles that I actually wanted to fight and live with the same advocacy. Like some other dads , he may not be so vocal of what he feels neither be appreciative enough but I've always respected and loved him despite that. Today is "Father's Day"...One of the many important days in the year that we take time to acknowledge the importance of having a Father and the difference they made in our life. To my Dad I'd like to say "thank you for everything and I appreciate all your efforts for our family to survive". To my Hubby " thanks for staying with me..." and to all the Fathers out there I'd like to extend my warmest greetings: "Happy Father's Day".

I'd like to share this letter by Pamela Koehlinger to all the other Dads out there who may not be that expressive, we would always understand that the "love" would always be there..."



You Are My Father and You Always Will Be

Over the years,
it's been difficult for us
to understand one another,
and sometimes it has been hard
to make meaningful connections.

So much time has passed
marked by words not said,
missed opportunities,
and good intentions gone awry.

But I have always known
that you love me,
and I hope you know that
I love you, too...

Love takes many different forms.
For some people, it means
spending time together
talking, laughing, and working
alongside one another.

For some, it is a hug
or a word of praise.
For others, it is simply an
unspoken understanding that
family is forever;
it is a bond that can never be
broken, no matter where we go
or what we do

As the years pass,
I become more and more aware
of how important that bond really is,
and although 'I may rarely say it,
I become more appreciative
of your role in my life.
You are my father, and you
will always be my father.
And because of that,
you will always have a profound
place in my heart.