Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Not so nice ending? Think again...


I am a fan of Nicholas Sparks Stories. I not only read but watch the movies as well. I’ve watched: Message in a Bottle, A Walk to remember, and the Notebook. All three made me cry and eventually turned out to be my fave movies. By the way, I am a certified PowerBooks Bummer too! I ultimately love the greenbelt branch where it has cozy seats for you to bum around and read…plus the thought of “pagtitipid” instead of buying the books & magazines, just stay there & you get to read everything you want and get updated with recent issues of magazines every month! And I forgot to say I’m a certified “Kuripot” too! My hubby and I actually spend long hours not talking to each other as if we were strangers and concentrate on reading.
Now, my recent goal is…to finish Nicholas Sparks new book “Dear John”. I was really persistent that I go to PowerBooks after office hours. And sad thing for me that I lost my phone which I barely used for just 2 months in PowerBooks too, but nothing stopped me from reaching my goal which I did yesterday, then again I somehow got disappointed with the ending… Sorry to divulge it for the recent readers of the said book but I just could not accept the fact that the lead: John actually sold the gold coins his departed father had given him just to let the husband of the girl he greatly loves continue to live… I said to myself “that’s crazy”. Some guys may have just waited for the husband to die so the girl becomes a widow and marry her, but for John… it was a total reverse… I really could not get over it! The thought remained with me until I came to work… I actually debated with Mommy Jo (she’s my favorite! I always get words of wisdom from her... she’s like a guru to me) I got startled when she uttered “Rain, that’s what you simply call...true love…unconditional love…” Indeed…seeing the one you love happy with the one person who gives her eternal bliss instead of spending her life with you…Amazing! Super “selfless”… This is probably one of the many more mysteries love has… As I go through my journey…I guess, I would be able to unfold more mysteries too... Experiencing it on my own…