Tuesday, June 5, 2007

mY wEeKeNd...A LoT LiKe HeLL

This weekend...I've learned a lot about anger management…and the beauty of controlling your emotions...Well, the weekend has been a lot like hell for me...The set-up I have with my family is really weird...it would probably end up like a novel if I wrote it down... But then it always make me agitated when I am accused of being a burden and as if I’m doing nothing … It was really hard not to listen and just let it pass…but then I really did my best to keep composed…I slept it over! Ha-ha! … I was really heated up that time and if I choose to defend myself…I would have made things worse…Indeed, anger is a problem many people face, a problem that can seriously disrupt someone’s life, cause distress & wreck relationships…Controlling anger? Time would be a great factor… Each second between the ’’unfair’’ event & your reaction, the chances of making a healthier decision are greatly increased. “If that child paused for a few seconds when told he was being punished, he might have come up with a less-damaging alternative action. When your boss makes your blood boil…waiting, instead of immediately reacting, will almost always produce more positive results.” So I guess I did the right thing…say nothing…keep cool and let it all pass…but then it doesn’t end there…Right now…I would like to act on the problem and think of ways to make a change…but then these are things I would really need to have a deep thought and reflect in the next few days…