Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A NiCe WeEkEnD TrEaT!

It’s my hubby’s payday! And on these days…well… it is usually his treat! So this is how a Saturday weekend went for us…

Being a certified bookworm, a day could not just pass without browsing through the pages of books or magazines… and when I am able to read something that interests me, it gives me bliss! PowerBooks has always been my “fave tambayan” where I get to read everything I want. Its where through the years of working here in Makati-(the so-called New York of the Philippines), a day could not pass without passing by at the said bookstore. But never in the said years did I ever thought of trying out “Java Man”-the in house café-resto of PowerBooks until last Saturday. My hubby and I were actually debating over where to spend lunch and we finally decided to try Java Man.
I was actually surprised that their menu is mostly Italian. All the while I thought they offer coffee and pastries alone. As for me, I sampled the 3 cheese with Fettuccine Combo, it has a generous serving of fettuccine alfredo served with 3 cheese panini and potato chips! The said combo fits me best since I love fettuccine and cheese and I definitely enjoyed what I ordered. My hubby ordered the Ham and cheese with Pomodoro Combo which on the other hand has a generous serving of pomodoro pasta served with ham and cheese panini and potato chips.
The drinks…we decided to order the Coffee Caramel Javacinno. And I can say it’s quite different from the coffee or frap other Café offers coz its extra smooth and definitely yummy! I just love the feel of milk, coffee and caramel combined with the sweet cream.
We were so full that our stomach has no place for desserts,but definitely we would try their desserts the next time we dine in.
I totally enjoyed the meal plus the ambiance of the place that made it cozy and if you do want to enjoy conversations with your friends or enjoy a meal with a book at hand, this would be the perfect place!




I was not able to watch the first one, neither am I into watching flicks about superheroes… (Honestly I just watch superhero movies to get in tuned with the latest! ha-ha!) But I must admit, I surely enjoyed the 2nd and I am sooo looking forward to the 3rd
Like what would happen to the:
· blossoming relationship between human torch and the assistant general
· Mr. Fantastic and Ms. Invincible having their own kids
· Would Thing’s girlfriend ever get her sight back?
· Would there be a chance for Thing to somehow look normal at certain situations
· And the BEST would be: would SILVER SURFER live again and be an ally of the four?
I more so love the flick’s simplicity. No other hard to grasp scenes. And the thought that they all have the same goal: which is to save the world, be of help to the people and live the so called “superhero life” despite its adversities. And the unity & cooperation of the four-added to the cool attitude of the team!
One of the funny antics would be: when Thing touched Human Torch right after his atoms got disorganized because Silver Surfer touched him…really funny when they exchanged looks!
One dilemma though would be how Jessica Alba (a.k.a. Ms. Invincible-now Mrs. Fantastic) looked. I guess majority would agree that she looked awful in the movie. But all in all the movie was fun and would definitely make you look forward to its sequel. And I can say it is an absolutely “Fantastic” flick!
(For a replica of “Silver Surfer” you could check out G4, it looks really cool that you’d want to take it home!)