Friday, July 27, 2007

Payday Friday @ Cafe Otello




Its payday! And since this has long been planned but never pursued (because of me…I go back to the office late because of transmitting forms to government agencies) this time I decided not to transmit (and besides I’m only up with 5 pages if I pursue it) for this Friday to finally have a nice dinner with my officemates/friends. We’ve long been debating into where to eat but one thing we were really definite about is that-we’d eat in an Italian resto. After quite a few number of days searching the net for a nice resto, Mommy Jo suggested that we eat at “Café Otello” I checked the details, found it interesting and so I agreed. From our office in Pasong tamo, just quite a long walk, we finally reached our destination. It is hidden on top of a Starbucks, corner of Rufino St. and Dela Rosa. Cafe Otello is the newest Italian café; it just opened March according to the servers. They have a cozy environment and nice interiors. We arrived around 6 pm just an hour early for dinner but it wont matter, we were the first to arrive and of course the first customers to be served. The dishes are not so expensive - All the dishes are around P200 less and the prices in the menu are already inclusive of VAT and service charge-very nice! Although they offer lunch buffet-11:30-3:30 since we arrived 6,we were left with no choice but to order alacarte. While waiting for our meals, drinks were served and as an appetizer we were served with potato chips





Soon after the bread was served… one by one our meals arrived.






Daddy Eric is a seafood lover and a sucker for tomato based pasta he ordered spaghetti pescatora ( seafood in tomato sauce) P180. We tried it to and it was indeed good!







Mommy Joan ultimately loves pasta in white sauce, so she ordered spaghetti carbonara (P180). It was also good and they gave us a cup of parmesan cheese to make it cheesier







As for me, I loved the taste of risotto so I ordered risotto funghi (Italian rice in poncini mushroom sauce) P175 very creamy and was really good and it was indeed heavy in the stomach!






And the best way to end a meal was to have a dessert-we had chocolate cake, which was sweet and yummy too!I really love paydays! ( and who wouldn’t?) besides the money-we’ll I definitely have good company!